Blue Sea Systems – Innovative Electrical Systems, Built to last
Engineering high quality marine electrical components for safety, reliability and performance.
What makes Blue Sea Systems Different?
- Over 1,000 electrical products are designed to work together as a fully integrated system
- Industry involvement ensures products meet ABYC, NMMA, and Coast Guard standards
- As an ISO 9001:2008 certified company, product quality is managed in a manner consistent with international standards
Automatic Charging Relays
In a boat or vehicle with two battery banks, it is useful to be able to charge both banks while underway. Charge management devices allow two battery banks to be charged from a single source, such as an alternator, but keep batteries isolated when not charging. If one battery becomes depleted, there will be a charged bank available for emergency starting.
Battery management is central to safe operation of a boat or vehicle. A battery switch is required by ABYC in every boat with a battery over 800 Cold Cranking Amps (CCA). This requirement exists so the potentially destructive energy in the batteries can be isolated in the event of a fire.
High-amp electronic switches with no manual control, for circuits where a manual battery disconnect is offered elsewhere in the circuit.
BusBars and Insulators
The nuts and bolts of any electrical system are the connectors which keep the current flowing. Blue Sea Systems connectors reduce heat and improve efficiency and reliability in a boat’s electrical system. The features below make Blue Sea Systems connectors stand out from the others.
- Tin plated copper bus provides maximum conductivity and corrosion resistance
- Moulded stainless steel studs eliminates the need for securing nut and allows high torqueing for excellent electrical contact.
- UL 94-40 rated base material resists high heat.
- Stainless steel split ring lock washers and captive star-type lock washers keep connections tight in high vibration environments.
Fuses and Fuse Blocks
Circuit breakers and fuses protect the wire in electrical circuits. Blue Sea Systems extensive selection of circuit breakers, fuses, fuse holders, and fuse blocks gives boaters a range of choices for main and branch circuit protection.
The demand for ignition protected circuit protection has increased. Blue Sea Systems Safety and SafetyHub Fuse Blocks are specifically designed for use in environments with explosive fumes, such as an engine room or fuel storage locker.
At the heart of a boat’s electrical system is the power distribution panel. Blue Sea Systems manufactures panels for small runabouts to large offshore cruising yachts, with four panel styles to choose from.