Odyssey AGM Battery Range
The Odyssey range of AGM batteries have been designed to provide high current whilst maintaining a stable voltage. This is only possible if the internal resistance is very low. Odyssey batteries use thin pure lead plates for construction. Having thin plates means more can fit in a battery. More plates means more power!!
The combination of extreme power and performance makes ODYSSEY battery perfect for a range of applications.
When you need to depend on your vehicle, having a battery which will perform faultlessly is vital.
The Odyssey battery uses absorbed glass mat (AGM) valve regulated lead acid (VRLA) technology to offer, in one package, the characteristics of two separate batteries. Some batteries offer enormous cranking power. Others, deep cycle reserve power. Unbeatable ODYSSEY® Extreme Series™ batteries do both. ODYSSEY® Extreme Series™Series batteries are made with flat plates made of 99.99% pure lead – not lead alloy. Pure lead plates can be made thinner, so we can fit more of them in the battery. More ODYSSEY battery plates mean more plate surface area. And that means more power – twice as much as conventional batteries.
Why Use ODYSSEY Batteries
- Longer service life
- 3-10 years of service life to save you time, money, and aggravation
- Longer cycle life
- 70% longer cycle life than conventional deep cycle batteries — high stable voltage for longer periods of time.
- Longer shelf life
- Can be stored on open circuit (nothing connected to the terminals) without recharging for up to 2 years or 12.00V, whichever occurs first.
- Faster recharge
- The highest recharge efficiency of any sealed lead battery on the market — capable of 100% recharge in 4-6 hours.
- Mounting flexibility
- Non-spillable design — can be mounted on any side in any position except inverted.
- Vibration resistance
- Design protects against high impact shock and mechanical vibration — a common cause of premature battery failure.
- Extreme temperature tolerant
- Operating temperatures from -40°C (-40°F) to 45°C (113ºF), for models without a metal jacket, and from -40ºC (-40ºF) to 80ºC (176ºF) for models with a metal jacket.
- Totally maintenance free
- No need to add water, ever! Drycell design with resealable venting system.
- Improved safety
- US Department of Transportation classified as a ‘non-spillable’ battery. No acid spills, no escaping gases.