Barden UK Limited (“Barden”, “we”, “us” or “our”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”). For the purpose of the Act, the data controller is Barden UK Limited of 5 Little Park Farm Road, Segensworth West, Fareham, Hampshire, PO15 5SJ.
1. The information collected and used
If you use this website, you are in control of what information is collected, but if you choose not to share your information, you may not be able to access or use some areas of this website.
1a. How information is collected
This information may be collected, stored and used when you use this website and when you call or email Barden.
1b. What information is collected
The information collected and held may include but is not limited to:
- information about your computer and about your visits to, and use of, the website (including your IP address, approximate geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views);
- if you call Barden, your phone and/or mobile phone number and the time, date and day of the week and length of your call; and
- any other information you may provide to the provider of this site.
We also receive information from other sources such as information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide.
1c. Using cookies or other on-device storage
2. How information collected is used
2a. When you use this website
2b. Customisation of this website and advert targeting
The information collected when you use this website may be used to build up a picture of your interests. This information may be used to try to make sure that when you visit or use the website, you don’t miss offers and information that might interest you. This is called advert targeting.
2c. Tracking how the website is used
Information may be collected about activity on the website, or other organisations may be used to collect it and to share it. This information is used to:
- analyse statistics;
- track pages and paths used by visitors to, or users of, the website;
- target the adverts or offers, such as banners, on the website and on the websites of other organisations; and
- track the use of the internet banner adverts and other links from marketing partners’ websites to this website.
2d. Analysing call volumes
If you call Barden using the number featured on the website, we may record your phone number, the time, date, day of the week and length of the call and certain details about whether the call was answered or not. This information will be shared with Barden and used to analyse the effectiveness of the website.
3. Contractual obligations
Information given to us by you may be used to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered between you and us.
4. Change of service
Information collected may also be used to notify you about changes to our service.
5. Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
You agree that your information may be passed to one or more of the following organisations:
our business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them;
- data processing companies, mailing houses and other third party suppliers;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- government and enforcement agencies and the police;
- any prospective seller or buyer in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets; and
- to a third party in the event that we, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired by that third party.
Occasionally, this may involve sending your information outside the European Economic Area. For more information, please read section 6 below “Where your information is processed”.
Every now and again, requests are received for information from government departments, the police and other enforcement agencies. If this happens, and there is a proper legal basis for providing your information, it will be provided to the organisation asking for it.
6. Where your information is processed
When your information is used (as described in section 2 above “How information collected is used”), this may occasionally involve sending your information outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Where this is done, appropriate steps are taken to protect your information. By using this website, you agree that your information may be transferred, stored and processed outside the EEA.
7. How your information is kept secure
The security of information is taken very seriously. Technological and procedural security measures are in place to protect the information held.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
8. Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
9. Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.