Terms & Conditions of Sale
- Catalogues, price lists and other advertising matter are only an indication of the type of goods offered and except as expressly provided in these terms and conditions no prices or other particulars contained in them shall be binding on Barden.
- Where the buyer undertakes to collect the goods, Barden shall not in any circumstances be liable for any damage from whatever cause which arises while the goods are in transit.
- Where Barden undertakes carriage, the buyer shall advise Barden in writing for any non-delivery of any part of any Purchase Order within two working days of the date of delivery.
- The buyer shall advise Barden in writing of any damage to goods within the following timescale:
- Consignments of 12 units or less to be documented on returned copy of delivery note and notified in writing to Barden immediately.
- For consignments of 13-50 units Barden shall be notified in writing within 24 hours of delivery.
- For consignments comprising more than 50 units Barden shall be notified in writing within 48 hours of delivery.
- Goods delivered in a damaged condition must be signed for as such and retained for Barden’s inspection. Where Barden is satisfied, that damage occurred prior to delivery to the buyer Barden may in its absolute discretion and in satisfaction of its entire liability to the buyer repair or replace free of charge any part of the goods so damaged.
- The seller is not the manufacturer of the goods. The goods are sold with all warranties (if any) issued by the manufacturers and based upon the fact that the manufacturers only manufacture goods of merchantable quality, the goods are transmitted without examination by the seller upon the basis that any lack of merchantable quality is a matter between the buyer and the manufacturer.
- Prices are at all times subject to fluctuation and, irrespective of any quoted prices in any literature of the seller, goods will be invoiced at prices applicable for the goods ordered at the date of dispatch.
- Goods are sold and supplied on the condition that they may be sold, offered or used upon the terms of the business arrangements and conditions of licence imposed by the manufacturers, copies of which are obtainable on request.
- All payments are on a pro-forma basis unless an authorised representative of Barden agrees different payment terms in writing with the buyer.
- In the event that a credit facility is provided payment terms are strictly 30 days nett unless an authorised representative of Barden agrees different payment terms in writing with the buyer.
- Payment shall be deemed not to have been made until any and all cheques, drafts and bills by which payment is to be effected have been cleared or honoured (as the case may be). The buyer shall make payment for the price of the goods in a currency to be mutually agreed in writing prior to dispatch of any goods.
- If the buyer fails to make payment by the due date then without prejudice to any other right or remedy available to the seller: – The seller shall be entitled to charge interest (both before and after any judgment) on the amount unpaid, at the rate of 5% per annum above the seller’s banker’s current base rate. The seller shall also be entitled to withhold delivery of any goods or any instalment of them (being the subject of the contract or any other contract) until the overdue payment is made in full.
- The property in and title of the goods shall not pass to the buyer until the buyer has paid the price in full.
- So long as the property in and title to the goods remains in the seller, the seller will be entitled to re-take possession of the goods at any time (whether or not such goods have been fixed to or incorporated in any other goods) and for that purpose to enter upon any premises of the buyer.
- Notwithstanding that the title to and property in the goods has not passed to the buyer, the buyer shall be entitled to sell the goods or any part thereof, but such sale shall be deemed to be for the account of the seller and any proceeds thereof shall be held by the buyer on behalf of the seller until the buyer has paid the price in full.
- Until such time as the property and goods shall have passed from the seller in accordance with condition 9 above, the buyer remains liable to the seller for any loss or damage to the said goods however caused and it shall be the duty of the buyer to insure the said goods at their full market value.
- The relationship between the company Barden UK Limited and the customer and the provision of account facilities is not and shall not be construed to represent a partnership, joint venture, employee, agent, distributor, representative or participant of or with the company for any purpose whatsoever.
- In the event of termination of account facilities by the company the customer agrees that it shall have no claim against the company for loss of goodwill or business opportunity.
- These conditions of sale and all terms relating to the sale of any goods supplied by Barden UK Limited shall be governed by English law and all parties concerned submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- The terms and conditions relating to the supply of goods by the company may not be amended, changed or modified except in writing and duly executed by both parties.
- The customer shall not assign or delegate any of the above conditions of any rights and obligations without the written consent of an authorised representative of Barden UK Limited.
Orders over £74.99 inc. VAT will qualify for free delivery*
International Deliveries – We only accept credit card payments from UK registered credit cards with a UK statement address. Carriage for International orders will be quoted POA.
*UK Mainland only, extra carriage charges may apply to Highlands and Islands.